Sunday, July 6, 2008

License and Registration Please

Officer Daniels: I got you going between 60 and 62 in a 50 zone.

Mike: It’s a 50 zone. I’m sorry I didn’t even realize it.

OD: Yeah. Can I have license and registration please?

M: Uhh, yeah its in my camelback in the way back.

OD: Where?

Chad: We went for a ride today.

M: Can I get out of the vehicle and get it in the back?

OD (to Chad): Can I have the registration?

C: (fumbling through the glove box) Uhhh…I’m not sure…uhh…

OD: Is this a rental?

C: Yeah

OD: (to Mike’s request to exit the vehicle) Yes.

C: Oh shit I can’t find the registration.

OD: Don’t worry about it.

Officer Daniels meets Mike at the rear of the vehicle. Mike’s limps around the corner to the rear.

M: Oh man I twisted my ankle today.

OD: Oh yeah. Doing what?

M: Mountain biking.

OD: Where did you do that?

M: Up at Little Bald Mountain.

OD: Oh, okay.

Mike then takes approximately 3 minutes to find his freaking wallet checking every pocket in his bag 2-3 times. Mike cannot be sure, but he thinks he saw Officer Daniels slowly put his hand on his gun. Little did Officer Daniels know Mike presented no threat as it would have been Daniels 12mm Berretta versus Mike’s empty 12oz Gatorade bottle. Mike gives license to Daniels.

OD: Okay, why don’t you take a seat in your vehicle. I’ll be back shortly.

M: (Sitting in the vehicle) God dam it.

Officer Daniels approaches vehicle.

OD: Man you guys came all the way out here for mountain biking.

C: Yeah

M: We don’t have mountains like this back east. Its so beautiful out here. Washington really is a great state. (laying it on pretty thick)

OD: (smiling) Well I’m going to have to trade places with you guys soon. Thinking about taking the wife to Cape Cod for some sight seeing.

C: Oh

M: Great

OD: Okay well I’m just going to give you a warning. Just watch the speed.

M and C: Okay thanks.

On our way. Can our day get any stranger? Uh oh, coming up to a construction stop with a one lane pass. The gentleman on his motorcycle ahead of us gives us the go ahead sign. But much to our, here comes a train wreck, amazement, what looks like Michael Jackson meets Rambo gives us the how do you do salute, or gay biker gang related sign as he chilled with his black leather jacket and what appeared to be shiny bullet suspenders on his chopper as we drove by.

Time to eat. Most of the restaurants are closed for the holiday. We ended up at Pizza Hut for some independence stuffed crust pizza and nurf ball chicken fingers. The 6 year old kid snorting salt and pepper while his mom waited for the bread sticks was nice a touch.

1 comment:

mom said...

Why didn't you promise him a tour of the Cape when he comes with his wife?
SLOW DOWN!